Monday, April 20, 2009

Passport Pictures

With the June 1 US-Canada border rules looming, I'm applying for passports for my children and I. Now that I've completed the application I need to get our photos taken. The first place I thought to go was Costco, of course.

We walked over to the Photo Service Center and I asked the lady how much it would be. $6.00/set of 2! I think that's the cheapest you can get anywhere. I promptly told her that my children and I would like to get them done if she was available. Unfortunately they don't take passport photos for children. I was so disappointed. I had just brought the boys to get their haircuts and they looked great. Oh well, it was just going to be me. I didn't know that there were so many rules about passport photos. The photographer said that I needed to remove my glasses (although I was pretty sure that Passport Canada said it was o.k. as long as they weren't' tinted). So I took them off only to find out that I can't wear a white top because the backdrop was white too!? I put on my winter coat so that problem was solved. Geesh! Twenty minutes later my photos are ready for pick up. Yeah! Now I have to take the children to another place.

No comments:

Post a Comment